Side Gig Ideas to Supplement Your Home Business during the Pandemic
Has the current pandemic had an adverse effect on your home business income? Even though self-employed individuals are now eligible for unemployment via the pandemic unemployment assistance program, it may not be a fit for everyone. You could still be making enough money to make you ineligible yet you’re still not making what you normally do and you’re feeling the pinch. I’ve written about side gigs here before, but it seems like a good time to talk about them again. Here are a few side gig ideas to supplement your home business during the pandemic:
Teach others how to use online communication systems like Zoom, Eyeson, Slack and Teams via webinar or recorded video class.
Create an online course or class teaching skills and/or tools you use for your business. Some examples could include:
- Video editing apps
- Photo editing apps
- Online file organization
Turn a hobby into income.
- Sell your arts and crafts- if you create things in your spare time consider selling them online
- Create how to materials- If your hobby is the type where others could benefit from instructions, consider creating a how to ebook, video or webinar that you could charge for.
- Create beginner guides- if your hobby has a learning curve, like certain video games, board games, etc. perhaps you could create a guide to help beginners navigate the curve.
- Offer live online how-to classes – Many hobbies are perfect for creating live how-to classes. Things like creating wreaths, flower arrangements, handmade books, upcycled items…and tons more convert well to offering a live online class via either a live webinar or a Zoom meeting.
These are just a handful of ideas, but they certainly aren’t the only side gig ideas to supplement your home business income during this difficult time. It may take some thinking outside of the box, but I guarantee you have the skills, knowledge and ability to create your own side gig.
Ready to Reclaim Your Life and Business?
Discover 'Delegate Like a Boss: How To Grow Your Small Business & Avoid Burnout,' Absolutely FREE!
Are you teetering on the edge of business burnout, struggling to find time for life's joys? Delegating is a crucial skill that can transform your business and personal life. But when should you delegate, and how can you do it effectively?
In 'Delegate Like a Boss,' you'll uncover:
- Clarity on when to delegate
- Step-by-step delegation strategies
- A practical checklist for effective delegation