There are plenty of people out there telling you how to grow your business. I’m actually one of them. But in the interest of not leaving anyone out, I’ve decided that I should probably think about those business owners who would rather not see their businesses grow and gain success. Below are my top ten tips for helping you waste time and procrastinate in growing your business.
10. Convince yourself you have to learn just one more thing before you open for business, add a service or contact potential clients.
9. ‘Donate’ your time on the forums answering newbie questions instead of growing your own business.
8. Invest hundreds of hours looking for information for free rather than spending money to get the information or help you need.
7. Fiddle around with a free website or template trying to get it to look the way you want instead of paying to have it done right.
6. Explain away the hours you spend on Facebook and other Social Media as ‘for business’ even though you’re really just stalking your friends and family like everybody else.
5. Believe everything those experts on the forums tell you about doing business and try each and every one of their suggestions.
4. Create every business form and contract from scratch for each client rather than creating templates to save you time.
3. Charge so little for your services that you have to take on tons of clients and work 18 hour days to make any money at all.
2. Take your time responding to client inquiries and requests for information about your business.
1. Let your business stagnate rather than continuing to learn new skills, update your website and expand your network.
There you have it. Follow these ten tips and I guarantee you won’t have to worry about success or business growth anytime in the near future.