This website uses cookies. Click for more info.

Setting Virtual Assistant Rates

After recently posting to Home Office Warrior regarding why I don’t underbid my current rates to gain clients on freelancing sites, I came across an excellent post on The Gritty Virtual Assistant entitled ” Hello, please take advantage of me”. The subject of this one concerned new virtual assistants who advertise their rates as far lower than the average.  I think you’ll find great points in both posts as to why you shouldn’t undercut pricing.  What do you think?

It's That Time Again...

Are you a traditional location-based business? You should be thinking about Winterizing.

My previously in-person only presentation on creating a Plan B for running your business in the event of bad weather, sick kids and other mishaps is now available on demand.

6 Comments

1. Kate LaFrance on January 16, 2009 at 2:50 am

Both of those posts are excellent and I appreciate that you’ve incorporated them into one terrific post! Thank you for standing up for the Virtual Assistant industry.

2. Kate LaFrance on January 15, 2009 at 9:50 pm

3. Jamie Parks on January 16, 2009 at 3:28 am

Really great stuff. Podcast was just the way it needs to be… No fluff.. no rock n’ roll intro’s. Just solid content. Keep it REAL.

4. Jamie Parks on January 15, 2009 at 10:28 pm

5. Marcia Foster on January 21, 2009 at 12:19 am

I’m just starting my business. I’m a virtual assistant, with a background in administration and business writing. I agree that you shouldn’t undervalue your services, and I definitely think you should work to build a collaborative relationship with your clients. But, right now, the economy is not so great, and I’m trying to just get clients in the door, so that I can prove my worth. There has to be a happy medium in there somewhere. What do you think?

6. Marcia Foster on January 20, 2009 at 7:19 pm