I’ve written about client gifting here before. More than once. But what do you do if the holidays are overwhelming you this year and you still haven’t decided what to do as far as client gifting is concerned. Here is a list of last minute holiday gift ideas for clients.
- Gift cards. When you’re strapped for time there’s nothing like gift cards to help you get your holiday gifting done. Instead of going with the big names like Amazon, why not check out local businesses or businesses near where your clients live if you provide services to clients outside of your local area. You can get creative, even with gift cards. Don’t have time to wait for a physical gift card to be mailed? Ask if you can work together to create an electronic version if the business you are purchasing from don’t already have that option.
- Gift subscriptions. Like gift cards, these can be delivered electronically so there is no worry if you missed the USPS holiday mailing deadline. There are some great ideas out there, for example here and here. If you know you clients really well, you are sure to find a subscription box out there that fits them perfectly. For example, I’m a mixed media artist in my ‘off’ time and I love my Cherry Box subscription which sends me a box of paper crafting and art supplies each month. If you have a budding artist in your client list, Art Snacks has a digital gift card to their subscription service. No matter what your client’s interest Cratejoy probably has a subscription box that fits them. Trust me. They have everything from a Marshmellow of the Month subscription to a Monthly Wax Melt box and everything in between. Have clients who love learning? Gift them a Masterclass membership.
- Donations in their name. Do you have clients who have favorite non-profits they support? Gift them a donation in their name. For example, for the pet lover a donation to their local AWS can be a very thoughtful gift, particularly if they themselves rescued a pet. Other organizations that might be favorites are the American Red Cross, the Make a Wish foundation or Feeding America.
- Business help. Whether it’s a new, raved about business book or an hour or two of home business coaching, a gift of help for their business is thoughtful and easy to do last minute. A book like I Will Teach You To Be Rich or The $100 Startup can make a great gift for a relatively new business owner. Additional business help ideas are:
- Purchase them a small block of time from a good virtual assistant
- Get them a digital gift certificate for a website makeover or 3 months of maintenance.
- Gift them an hour or two of business coaching.
- Send them a digital workbook or two on subjects you know they are interested in learning more about, for example this one on creating an intro packet for business.
Just because it may be too late to purchase gifts for your clients and get them shipped, you still have plenty of options for showing them your appreciation with a last minute client holiday gift that will reach them on time.